This video demonstrates the passage planning support offered in the macOS version of LuckGrib.
LuckGrib on macOS has more functionality for planning passages than the iOS version of the product.
As the video is fairly long, you may find an index of its topics useful:
- 00:00. Introduction
- 00:30. Overview
- 05:18. Recording where a vessel has been - recording its track
- 08:42. Shortening a long track
- 10:37. A sample passage: Fiji to New Zealand. Studying the weather
- 13:30. Creating an initial route
- 16:25. Watching the weather
- 17:00. First trial departure
- 18:15. First low & delay
- 22:00. Update departure time
- 24:24. A second departure and route update
- 25:44. Choosing final departure
- 28:48. Leaving Savusavu
- 30:00. Underway
- 40:00. Final position report
- 41:15. Entering position reports
- 47:38. A few tips on entering position reports from an old logbook
- 49:27. Import/Export of a track via a GPX file
- 50:58. Conclusion
This video uses LuckGrib v3.2 on macOS.